Sunday 22 March 2009

Sunday Diary


The previous 12 hours have been, well to put it bluntly - erm, odd! The Vital Man City forums have turned into a mini battleground, but why?

Everyone has a point of view and as long as it's not abusive or offensive, my moderators and I allow the posts to remain. It's a pointless exercise deleting comments just because either I or a few others disagree. The whole point of message boards is to have your say, debate with others and then if necessary, agree to disagree. We then move on and put the debate behind us. It's just a pity a few more would take a leaf out of my book.

Twitter

The jury is out on this one. The principle behind it is okay, but like a twit, I downloaded my entire current and old address book. Now I have to read folks comments, who I thought I'd left well behind.

For those who weren't aware, I used to have a site on the Rivals Network but my ties with the said company, now Sky have long been severed. Pity really as before Sky bought out Rivals, the network, was one of the busiest out there. Now all one can see is tumbleweed. The network is a ghost of what it once was and in my opinion it's about time Sky closed it down. Many of the forum posters do nothing but swear and post abusive messages, and the actual site template is worse than the one you're looking at right now.

Today

I guess I'd better get my kitchen apron on as I have a whole leg of lamb to cook, plus the vegetables to prepare. The Mrs and I have our daughters and grandkids travelling down and they will expect one of dads special Sunday lunches. The nippers will be running around the house and will no doubt be up to mischief. Ah, it reminds me of when our two were little.

At least there is one consolation. I'll be drinking my fair share of wine and beer. Happy days.

Cheers everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, are you saying you didn't go to the game today because it was mothers day?

    On top of that the live streaming you want to do, I strongly advise against it, I am a member of a streaming site that has been forced to go underground. The owners to the rights are sending emails(you will get one if you live stream I would think) and the punishment is not just a slap on the wrist anymore, they are really clamping down. You will also find that if your embeding streams that are other peoples, they will report you because they don't normally like thier streams being stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow suppose to be big on City and has 2 sites but doesn't go to games, strange.

    ReplyDelete